Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 15: Jade Gelskey


Day 15: First off....thank goodness this is the last blog post. I am so ready for this part of the project to be over, done with and gone! :)

Today I picked Carls Jr. which is at the other end of town out at one of the truck stops. Pretty random place for a Carls Jr. but I just discovered the truck stops and fast food down there. So this sign is similar to the others (which I am liking because it proves my point about a specific way to advertise to people looking at fast food restaurants to eat at. There is a specific set of guidelines many of these follow that really work to get people to buy the products they are selling.

This sign has Carls Jr.'s logo in the top but its done in a different way. The way we think of the Carls Jr logo has be re appropriated to now have the sandwich they are selling. I think this is pretty unique because it really is selling their brand. We all know the Carls Jr. logo and this re appropriation works both to tell us its Carls Jr. and to re incorporate their well known type.

Again the price is pretty large in comparison and I think this again shows how important that is to people buying fast food. It must really make a difference for a lot of people on whether or not they want to pull in to the drive through.

All in all these blog posts haven't been to bad. I think I really have learned a lot about the advertisement style that I chose and I feel like I better understand the techniques being used on the public. Very interesting since so many fast food restaurants dot the landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment