Monday, January 11, 2010

buildings



I've always been surprised that the back of these buildings aren't covered in graffiti and spray paint and ads and whatever else. They certainly would be in Minneapolis. Maybe people in Cedar are more noble...respectful...something to that effect. My special problems class got me thinking about large scale projections, and how people are using technology to create installations on urban surfaces, like texts received on a building wall, or answers to questions on the web. Like if cedar became a giant computer screen.
Anyways, the person I talked to today wanted obvious labels on the buildings of Cedar. I think it was a combination of humor and making things easier to find in the random little storefronts and secret corners of town. They live in the apartments above the grind, so we labeled the building for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment