Thursday, January 7, 2010

day 4



i thought the contrast of the red rock and the snowy blue mountains was amazing. the fog settling on the slopes was the icing on the cake.

i think that the charm of cedar is largely due to its location and environment. we are surrounded by some of the most beautiful natural formations in the world. i feel that many people in cedar and the southern US for that matter take it for granted, while various people from around the world travel to this area specifically for our national parks and amazing landscapes.

for me personally, this is a large part of what initially attracted me to SUU. i love hiking and visiting the state and national parks in this area, and thinking about this further and my experiences with it, i want to include this element of cedar city in my project.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo. This reminds me back in the day when we took that one hiking trip to red rocks. I remember that we where also able to see snow in the background of the rocks. The good old days.

    ReplyDelete