Thursday, January 7, 2010

day four: lasting marks of type



I have been experimenting different concepts for the use of negative & positive space. When looking at type, the letterforms are still readable when you look at just the positive space or just the negative space.

I came across these marks that had been left from signage on these store fronts. These marks were not intentionally made but are evidence of type treatment & usage. It is interesting to me that these marks still portray what used to be there. Here we have the absence of the positive letterforms & still, the negative affect of them being removed revealed a (somewhat) readable mark.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dollar Cuts! That is where I use to get my hair cut from! These are some really cool signs, well kind of signs, or I guess marks? Anyways they are really cool.

    ReplyDelete