Saturday, January 16, 2010

day twelve: not intended for all to see

So this happened to be one of my not so favorite pictures of the pictures I took today, but it got me thinking about some of the intentions type is used for. When we were first given this assignment, I was paying attention to the type used on signage because that is intended for all to see. It was also what came to others' minds when I asked them about what type they see or notice in Cedar City.

I took this picture simply because there was type, I really wasn't giving much attention to what it said or its purpose. I'd have to say that after looking at this a few times, that it does it's job. For something not intended to be eye-catching by the public, it is designed well. It is readable, clear, & its hierarchy contributes to that. It's funny how I almost walked right passed it. Yet, I know that so many people already have.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is composed very well considering this is one of your least favorite photos.

    ReplyDelete