Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jade Gelskey: Project 3- Poster Design

Jade Gelskey
Poster Design: Based on Seb Lester

I submitted two designs because I really like both and cant decide which I like better. :) I guess the differences are not that big so if you have a thought on which you like better let me know.






As far as the type that I submitted, my sketched ones are definitely more rough then the vectorized ones. When I scanned them and vectorized them I really cleaned up and standardized a lot of them so that's where much of the differences come in.

2 comments:

  1. I personally like the first poster a little better than the second one. I think it shows off the typeface well. I feel that the TV fits a little better than the man does in the second poster. I also really like the way you made the word “mess “ a little messy but it is still readable. I feel like the first poster fits closer to your artist’s style. It is more simple and clean. I really like how each individual letter has its own quirkiness to it and yet you can still see that the letters fit together and look consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love your tv! You did such a good job with that. I can't decide on which poster I like more, but I think I'm leaning towards the tv one like Shannon. I really like the way you set up the second poster with the man on the couch, I think if he was refined a little more (around the ears) could help a lot. You did a great job on your font and your theme....You did a great job of pulling off couch potato!

    ReplyDelete