Friday, January 15, 2010

day 12:


I found this sign at the old gas station I blogged about yesterday. This sign is the name of the former gas station that sold that type of gasoline. I think this sign is very interesting. I like the old time typeface for the words Phillips and 66. I think the number at she bottom really complement the typeface very well. I like the fact they are reversed and the Phillips is orange and the numbers 66 is black. I like the shape of the sign and the simplicity of the sign. it really draws you in and it has really good balance throughout the sign ans delivers a clear message.
I also find it funny that it is right next to a Route US 66 sign. Route US 66 is a major highway that travels through the US west to east. You can see that the shape of the Route US 66 sign is the same as the shape of the Philips 66 sign ans they were playing on the familiarity with that sign and highway to sell their gasoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment