Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wingers: The American Dinner


So sticking with the 1920's typefaces. I decided to look at different type's instead of the tradition san-serif. I kept driving by wingers going to work and for some reason i kept looking at the logo and wondering about the typeface they used. I took a picture and then looked it up. The typeface that they use here in cedar is called Metropolis and it came about in the 1920's as well. Its thin lines with certain letters are what separate it, also how compact the type face is. It took me awhile to find it because there are so many typeface's that look like it. It took forever to narrow it down but after asking other people we all agreed that it was that typeface. If you guys dont agree with it let me know and i'll start looking it up but since we have all agreed that no one really comments or even read's the blogs i'll just stick to what i came to a conclusion too.

No comments:

Post a Comment