Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 14: Jade Gelskey


Day 14: So today I wanted to look a little more at the Del Taco advertisement signs. So this one is another on the window like the one from yesterday. Instead of red its yellow which I think still works (although the food blends into it a little more where if it was standing out it might be better.

The text on these signs is kind of interesting. I am not sure off the top of my head which font it is, or if it created and is not a font commonly used. It does have a more festive feel which I think goes well with Mexican culture but I don't know if it fully works when examined. It almost has like a batman, superhero sort of feel. Maybe that's just me, but regardless I think it works pretty well and I doubt people are thinking "Batman" when viewing this sign.

The white text is slightly difficult to read but the hierarchy is very good on this sign. Part of me wonders if its more important to make that limited time only stand out more because I think that many people buy things when they think they will not be able to for very long. It definitely is a technique used by many companies. I also think the text in the bottom left could be tad bit bigger. I still am liking the overall look of these signs though, and I think they serve their purposes pretty dang well.

No comments:

Post a Comment