Sunday, January 10, 2010

MoMA vs. Braithewaite

I was out taking pictures the other day and snapped one of the Braithwaite. I know it's part of campus but I was rather disappointed that they used such boring type for such a unique building which also houses some unique art. Then I looked at the MoMa sign and thought that at least they did something a little more original and hung their sign down the side of the building. When put side by side I liked the contrast of textures and feel of it more than I care about the type. I suppose they're both easy to read, nice and safe. But perhaps I'll go steal the letters off the front of the building and hang them sideways too, or go this cool sign junkyard and replace it with something a little more flashy like Sullivan's. It could work...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment