Wednesday, January 13, 2010

day 10




This picture is actually from Uptown Minneapolis outside a surf shop on Lake Street. I really like how the shop uses their building as an opportunity to express/advertise themselves in a less conventional way. I think Cedar City could use some stylized walls or advertisements or things of this nature. I would like to have this style for one of my panels maybe. I like how the colors of the wall correspond with the sky on a sunny day, and everything is very vibrant. I know this is more of a handmade typeface, but I think that is why it fits so seamlessly with the imagery on the wall. Until you take a second look at the wall, you would assume its just another artist's urban 'post'. This isn't in Cedar City, so I'm not sure if that strays from the assignment, but its research none the less. Theeee Enddddd.

2 comments:

  1. whats interesting about this to me is, there are actually a lot of really random murals in cedar city. behind the grind, 'breaking wind', etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thats awesome! The problem is I always fell that the more graffiti style kinda feels superficial in small town Utah LOL. Oh well i'll always think it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete