Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 9: Jade Gelskey



Day 9: KFC

Day 9: So for this post we are going to look at another one from KFC. It is interesting to me because KFC is really trying to push this healthier chicken option. I appreciate this and think that they are doing better then most places but it still falls a little short. While 395 calories seems pretty good for a meal, and well...for fast food it really is pretty good. But for a regular meal this still is not that good. But because it mentions calories I feel like they are still bringing people in thinking that 395 calories must be good or it would not be on a sign. Just a thought...and I suppose some might be okay with 395 calories. Just not me.

When it comes to typography this sign is similar to the others. I am liking the fact that by looking at so many of these signs I really do see a pattern. A pattern that works, or they would not be using it across the board for all of the fast food signs. I think this is an interesting idea to think about. While being creative and cutting edge is really good, sometimes going what works is most beneficial when it comes to business. I think that as a designer we have to really fully understand what works and then try and be creative. Its a fine line. Get too cutting edge and it will not have the same effect on the viewers that a business may be wanting...get to boring and typical and you really are not making strides. I think this is some thing we are all faced with and is some thing that at least for me, can be worked on.


No comments:

Post a Comment