Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gravity Logo ( Devo: day 6)


I went to see Avatar last night. If you can get over the whole, America is bad, Capitalism is evil, Marines are blood thirsty, we are destroying our planet, underlining message of the movie... it was actually pretty good. I am just tired of watching movies with this junk in it, like Wall-E, battle for terra, and now Avatar. I thought the whole Nazi style propaganda, and indoctrination in movies, books, and media is a bad thing... I guess propaganda, and indoctrination is ok, as long as people feel strong about the cause. But of all the propaganda, indoctrination movies I have seen, this movie was THE BEST!!!!

Well the movie had some interesting type in it, I will talk about that in my next post. I did really enjoy this logo that was up on the screen every five minutes before the show. I guess it's Gravity dance studio in Cedar City. I love the mixing of the capital "G" font, with another. Margo Chase does a lot of font mixing. It's hard, and takes skill in type to pull off, but I think this was successful. The "G" gives a feeling of a dancer jumping through the air, I like it!

Devo

No comments:

Post a Comment