Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wildflowers anyone?

So this may not be the greatest typographic thing, but I'm finding the cold and dreariness of winter very depressing lately and I thought I'd try to throw in something bright and cheerful like these flowers.
I happened to come across an image of the Cedar City sign from last year and saw at the bottom another sign advertising the balloon festival in September, which I thought was just something fun they did this past year. Then I got to thinking, where did that come from? I don't remember seeing that at all, what else am I missing? I decided to get onto the home page for Cedar City and there is a link listing all kinds of festivals I didn't even know about! Did you know that at Cedar Breaks they hold an annual wild flower festival in July? Who knew? Either I'm walking around too much with my eyes closed or as a designer I should be volunteering my services to help spread news about things like air balloon and flower festivals, and who knows what else. In the meantime, enjoy these bright pink flowers. Does anyone know what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment