Friday, January 8, 2010

Today I found the florescent sign above the old movie theatre. Again this sign is old probably from the 50's. Like my last post it is very simple bold lettering. It is florescent so it would stand out in the evening sky. It glows to attract people to see the movie. Movies were a big deal in the 50's. The theater is now closed because the movie theatres have become bigger and better and move out of the downtown area. Again it is a piece of Cedar history.

I like the type with the rounded A and E. The font is big and clear and easy to read. You don't see so much of kind of type in signs today. I think this type still stands out and shows off Main Street Cedar City.

Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I also like this sign too. Did you know that back in the day this theater use to be a dollar theater? Man I miss the good old days.

    ReplyDelete