Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 3: Jade Gelskey

Day 3: Eat Steak

Day 3:

So after talking with Jay I am for sure going to continue my research and keep going with this project. I have decided to work with my idea and create signs identical to these but with my substituted words relating to unhealthy eating and obesity in the typography's place.

I think it will be a challenge but I plan to work it until it looks good. I am thinking about doing the first panel as an image similar to this but with the words edited. I have not figured out exactly what the text will be but that is my goal to get done in the next day or so. Tomorrows post should have a little more direction.

On a side note: on the sign above there is a bit of a disclaimer. They try and give a tip about healthy eating but make mention of the fact that it is still "Not a low-calorie food". Hmm confusing advertising much? Plus who reads that paragraph at the bottom besides some one doing a project on advertising from these places. Lets hope to many people don't go on the "Drive-Thru Diet"....

1 comment:

  1. Your signs are cracking me up... Things I probably see, that usually make me hungry. But looking at them this way, make me feel so manipulated. I feel like the fonts are lying to me.

    Devo

    ReplyDelete