Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Type at the Park

For this post, I might be pushing it a little but I think the concept works. The sketch and the photo are from Park Discovery. The park was donated by volunteers and sponsors, each of whom had their names carved into various parts of the park.

The playful imperfections in the letters mesh well with the aesthetics of a playground.The type is probably not a formal font, but I think it serves the same purpose as the type in my last two posts. I think this type can also function on a historical level in a similar way to my other posts. The park is obviously not very old, but I'm willing to bet it will be around for a while and the names inscribed in wood will still be there to give credit to the volunteers who made the park. In a way it simply says, "I was here, and I did my part."

Keep it real,
Dan Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment