Wednesday, January 6, 2010

day three: unlikely solutions to perfect solutions


So I'm trying to expand on typography's positive & negative attributes. When I came upon these crates I found a positive & negative affect on how this type was applied. Now normally, burning wood is a negative thing, but in this case, burning was the solution to create these lasting & labeling marks for a very effective purpose.

I further realized that it illustrates my happening of being in Cedar. I had never thought I would attend SUU let alone live in Cedar City because it wasn't far enough away from home & it was too cold. So I stayed away from it being an option, like wood should stay away from fire. Yet, all of the pro's for attending a university were attached to SUU. So here I am! & it has definitely been a refining experience that has & will continue to leave a lasting mark.

1 comment:

  1. I like that analysis. The photos have a nice rustic aesthetic too. Good job.

    ReplyDelete