Wednesday, January 6, 2010




So i spent a considerable amount of time driving around the vast expanse known as cedar city. it was difficult to find any artificially weathered text. Sadly most of it was naturally weathered which will be the next leg of this project, ill try to get maybe one more "artificial" but thats about it. And hopefully i can get a camera that is half decent. I didn't post this in my last one but part of my study is what the connotation is with each use of the type. Its interesting to me that my first type sample was attempting to be charming while the second was trying to look rugged and dirty. Todays post was the shirt of the lovely Jose. I beleive its part of a trend which happens to be grungy but is altogether aiming at being trendy. Three very different themes for similar text treatments. the end.

3 comments:

  1. You should take a look at the rolling rubber sign in front of their lot on 200 N.

    Devo

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you already to the Kolob motorsports sign? it's across the street from the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i did go to kolob its in my first post but thanks for looking out for me ;) and devon i will go take a look at that sign for sure

    ReplyDelete