Monday, January 4, 2010

ink


Alright, so when we think about letterforms in cedar, we typically think of signs, flyers, newspapers, etc. But after being in Cedar City for most of the winter break, I realized that the the college students are really what bring life to this city. 7,000 (or so?) people that only have one thing in common with everyone else- SUU. With so many different people from a variety of places, its interesting to see personalities and characters mesh. What types of letter forms to people deem important enough to put on their bodies, or wear on their tshirt? Is it effected by the place you call home? Do people really think about it?

I'm not entirely sure where this will end up, but as a start I thought my friend's tattoo was a pretty bold way to express some hometown pride. When I asked him if he knew the typeface, he replied...."what? I don't know but it kinda sucks"...interesting.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahah... that is an amazing tattoo.
    your friend is awesome for letting you photograph him.

    ReplyDelete