Thursday, April 15, 2010

Adolfo Correa and My Mona Lisa Font - By Devo

My Challenge was to combine Adolfo Correa, and my Mona Lisa Font.

After I started my project, with my painted background... and Mona Lisa face sketch... I found this picture by Adolfo... it became the inspiration on the last stage of my final poster.


I love how my font turned out. I do not like how my font looks on my alphabet above. I wanted to keep the font ruff, to reflect a renaissance hand style type that I was going for. Turning that into a digital image, messed it up on the alphabet. The ruggedness turned into just ugly stuff... But how it looks on the poster is how my font should look. I am very happy with how it turned out there.

I painted the background on canvas, trying to emulate the unfinished drawings/paintings of DaVinci. I think that turned out well. I used what I could see in the Mona Lisa landscape as my reference, and a few of his hand drawings as style reference.

My take on Adolfo is that he likes Visual Confetti, not my favorite. By trying his style though, I created something totally different then I ever would have created on my own. I am very happy with how it turned out. I finished by cropping my image, I think the use of two thirds rule, and open space on the top left... was just what the finished poster needed.

4 comments:

  1. Devon, I like this new solution. I like how you incorporated the greenish and magenta stripes like the original source. I was wondering how the type will look if you play around with it rather than doing centered.
    What if you play around with the order of words
    The Lady
    with a mystic
    smile (?)
    I quite like the ornamentation too on the right side.
    Nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon,
    Good job. This looks much more interesting than your previous idea. I feel like there is some sort of glare or odd glow right in the center- to the left of her eye. I feel like the text could stand out a little bit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devon i really like what you did with yours man. Wow the texture feel you get from it is amazing, i also really like the faded background. It balances your whole composition really well. I also really like your sketch of the mona lisa, You really did a good job with the layout and the whole composition of this poster. Good job man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete