Thursday, April 15, 2010

Isabella & Linzie Hunter



OK so here is my poster and my typeface... This was a really interesting project for me because with my font I had a completely different idea and style in my head before I had to use the aesthetics of the artist Linzie Hunter. She has a really kind of sketchy/cut-out feel to her work so that is what I was trying to do with the poster. She creates a lot of interest in her work by using a lot of contrasting colors and so that is what I was trying to do in my piece with the more warm colored shapes of some of the background type areas. There are a few things that I have already noticed that needs a little bit of work before I get the poster printed but hopefully you can give me some good feedback also. Oh I haven't finished getting my type vectorized but I'll try and get it done by tonight. Hey thanks guys and I hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Love the colors and the feel. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely reflects your designer's work. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You did an awesome job reflecting your designers work and making it into your own with your font. I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the first poster design you have, this is 100 times better! you really captured the designers style and found enough room to make it your own. The changes you made to your typeface really helped the readability of the word. The way you puzzled things together is very similar to your designer's work. Well done! I also like your colors a lot, they compliment each other nicely. I'm excited to see what Jay thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJ i really like where you took your poster. I looks way good. The colors you used i think really help your word and your type face. I also like how you added other words and positioned them in different ways, it really keeps your eye moving but you kept it balanced and it is not to chaotic. I think this is a really design. Good job man

    ReplyDelete