Tuesday, April 6, 2010

brooklyn


This is Micah Lidberg's work.



I know this has no type on it right now...please don't slaughter me. I think you've seen my typeface, I just didn't feel like it was ready to put on the poster. In process I think I've figured out a better way to refine the lines, so I guess this turned into more of a sketch. But the concept is an illustrated imaginative style and I'm hoping to achieve the clean lines lidberg uses in his work, both in the artwork and the letterforms. ideas? thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I think I am in your group but I am not to sure but oh well.

    I really like what you are doing in your poster and I really feel like it goes with the style of Micah. A suggestion that I have is that Micah Lidberg's poster has some vibrate colors and maybe you can incorporate some of those colors in the waves or in the buildings.

    I am also assuming that your word or phrase will go in the ocean part?

    If so then I have another suggestion for you! It would be straight to see your word/phrase coming out of the ocean and with the swirls going around the word! or!!!! Maybe! use those vibrate color that Lidberg has in your letters!

    I am excited to see what your poster will look like with your type face on it. I hope that my suggestion helped you out and make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I think its looking good so far... I really like the kinda sketchy pale colors and I think that part of it is working well. You may want to work or experiment with the line weights and the style of the lines to get your designers "feel". Anyway I am excited to see it with the type and everything.

    ReplyDelete