Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daniel Jewel's Casanova

Okay, so this is what I have so far. It's more of the concept than a piece that needs polishing (it needs carving). My designer is Pete Harrison. The first image posted is a work that he has done and is what I'm taking inspiration from. The one after is mine. Kim and Dan, please give me some feed back. I know it's no much now, because most of it is detailing in Photoshop, something that will take me longer than putting the comp together. I plan to repost my most up to date version late this evening.





The newest version at 10 PM:



Here are my sketches:




2 comments:

  1. Hey Dan, this looks like a pretty good start. You've got a good picture to work with and I think that will definitely help you emulate the style of your designer. With your type you've gotta be careful with the division in three parts. I see a lot of that and I think its an innovative way to use the word but, I think that method more effectively lends itself to geometrically based typefaces. Your typeface is someway script-like so I don't think it stacks as well. Also, I think the division would need to be by syllable. There are two syllables in the second section so I think it can make readability more difficult. Anyway I hope that's ok feedback. Keep up the good work. I'll have mine posted pretty soon.

    -Dan G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, you've got a good start. Now it's just a matter of getting that photo to look just like Harrison's style. Hardcore lighting and shadows are going to have to happen. Take care of your image and the type is going to fall into place.
    I agree with Dan on the type as well. I would suggest not even breaking it up. Work with the picture until it seems finished, after all the swirls and colors are added and I think you could add the type all one word and flip it so it follows the left side of the poster.
    You're type is also going to need some heavy effects to it as well to tie in. This artist is very, very, detailed, but you can do it and it will be great.

    ReplyDelete