Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dan Gill Poster Design


Ok peeps, here's a picture of some of my designers work. My designer is Alex Trochut. In his work the type and illustration are closely integrated. There's also a bold use of color and the illusion of depth and three dimensionality.

Ok here's the design that I've been working on. I used the phrase, "Go forth and stake your claim." to be in keeping with the whole pioneer theme I have. In my designer's work there are a lot of amorphous abstract shapes so I'm thinking about integrating some of those as well.



Peace out,
Dan Gill

3 comments:

  1. well thank you danelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it Daniel! Why do you need a crit from me? This is great! I love the colors and the poster overall works very well. If I was to point something out (which is what I'm about to do), it would be that the high lights on the bottom stems and strokes produce a beveled effect. I'm not sure if you need it or not. Maybe get a second opinion on that.

    Amazing work. I wish I was half as good as you.

    ReplyDelete